White Hat SEO
White Hat SEO techniques form what Search Engines recommend as best practice SEO. This produces long term lasting results, that can help your website to improve in rankings and keep its position in Google’s organic search results. White Hat techniques involve conforming to search engine’s guidelines, an ensuring that all content is coherent, and relevant.
- Rich with relevant content that is well written and coherent
- Relevant images that are well-labeled with relevant keywords
- Relevant outgoing links and incoming references from sites with related content that are regarded highly by search engines
- Unique and relevant page titles, headers, and descriptions
Black Hat SEO
Black Hat SEO techniques can produce results, but they make use of methods involving deception that search engines condemn, and will ultimately penalize your site for. Using Black Hat SEO techniques could lead to your website being temporarily or permanently banned, once the search engines discover them.
- Duplicate content
- Invisible text and keyword stuffing without any structure or context
- Cloaking or doorway pages, which trick search engines into indexing the site and then redirect the user
- Incoming links from sites with non relevant content or from ‘bad neighborhoods’, meaning they are not approved of by search engines
- Spamdexing, which is to repeat non-relevant phrases to attract the attention of search engines.